Economist 9th World Ocean Summit

The 9th annual World Ocean Summit Virtual Week

1 - 4 March 2022

We are delighted to be speaking at the 9th annual World #OceanSummit this March, which will explore challenges and opportunities in aquaculture production, renewable energy, ocean tourism, fishing, plastic reduction, and shipping. 

Join us for the Seabed 2030 session at 16:10 GMT on Wednesday 2nd March 2022, where Jamie McMichael-Phillips, Jyotika Virmani, Cathy Novelli and Lowri Evans will be discussing the need for ocean mapping and the Seabed 2030 mission. 

Session summary: Less than 20% of the seabed has been mapped to date, and work is in progress to map the remaining 80%. Why is ocean mapping important to help achieve UN SDG 14? What is needed to mobilise government, industry, academia and investment to increase support for seabed mapping?

Register free to join this timely and relevant discussion: