The fifth Seabed 2030 Arctic-Antarctic and North Pacific Mapping Meeting will be hosted by the Alfred-Wegener-Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar und Meeresforschung, Bremen, Germany as a hybrid meeting from 27 to 29 November 2023.
This meeting continues the series of mapping meetings organised and hosted by The Nippon Foundation-GEBCO Seabed 2030 Project Regional Centers that started in 2018.
This is an IN-PERSON and ONLINE event to help develop roadmaps, topics, and guidelines for achieving mutually beneficial goals in support of GEBCO and the ocean mapping community.
Please complete this form to register for the meeting.
Please note: The focus areas of this meeting are for the North Pacific Ocean, Arctic Ocean and Southern Ocean and adjacent waters to 50°S.
The goals of the meeting are:
Review the progress made since the last Seabed 2030 Arctic-Antarctic and North Pacific Mapping Meeting in 2021 including the status updates for IBCSO and IBCAO
- Define priority areas for future mapping activities
- Develop strategies to locate and unlock bathymetric data sets
- Discus strategies for improved seabed to land transitions
- Develop strategies to coordinate and promote new mapping activities
- Identify new bathymetric data sources
- Crowd Sourced Bathymetry options